Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads



Wow, they really do live up the name--magic!

All you do is add a little water to the pad and you can effortlessly remove crayon marks from walls, grease and grime from stovetops, water stains on faucets and sinks, and even permanent marker from furniture.

Below are some before and after picture I took after cleaning my kids' art table. Prepare to be amazed (and all I used was one eraser pad and little bit of plain water).









Pros
Cleans many surfaces in the home, that other cleaners can't.
Requires very little effort.
Works with water only; no other chemicals needed.

Cons
Pads disintegrate quickly.
May take paint off the walls, especially water based paints, so use with caution.

For those who've never heard of or seen Mr. Clean Magic Erasers, they are white foam-like pads that measure 4.6 x 2.4 inches and are 1 inch thick, that are made with a special material that penetrates hard-to-clean surfaces and grooves. Just wet the pad with a little bit of water, enough so that it's moist but not dripping wet. Squeeze out any excess and gently wipe away messes. I use mine mostly for cleaning the water stains and sopa scum on my faucets, sinks, and shower heads, and for crayon marks and scuff marks on the floor (tile and/or linoleum). They also work great in the kitchen, espcially for cooked on stains and grease on the stove. I just used them last weekend to clean out the inside of my fridge.

You can find Mr. Clean Magic Eraser Pads at most stores, like Wal-mart, Target, or your local supermarket, but I highly recommend buying them in bulk for much cheaper. Amazon sells them in value packs of 2 to 4 boxes with either 4 or 8 pads per box.

I'd like to add that although most times I'm all for the generic brand which is cheaper, the store brand versions of these pads have always disappointed me. Buy the actual Mr. Clean Magic Magic Eraser Pads. You will LOVE them!

1 comment: