Thursday, January 13, 2011

My favorite perfume


My perfume, Hanae Mori, came in yesterday from Amazon.com so I was inspired to make a blog entry because I just LOVE it so much! Though it has been around since 1995, I only discovered this amazing scent about 4 years ago. I received a sample bottle from Sephora at checkout. The first time I used it I received so many compliments, and to this day still get them whenever I where it. It's nice to hear that you smell good, isn't it?

It's a very pleasant smell. It smells floral and sweet at first, like vanilla, but there is no vanilla in it. It then gives off a musky, sexy scent, yet still sweet, that I just can't describe. The fragrance notes patchouli and sandalwood. It's very soft and light, and nothing like any other fragrance I've tried. I love it because it's very different from anything else I've smelled. It's great all year round too. In the spring and summer it's like walking by a bush of blossoming gardenias. In the fall and winter it's like a vanilla latte. I used the latte analogy because a co-worker actually said that to me when I first started wearing it--that I smell like a vanilla latte...delicious!

I was hesitant about writing this review because I feel (for selfish reasons) that the less people that know about this gem, the better for me. On the other hand, it's one of my most favorite products I own, so how could I not include it here?

Pros: Smells FANTASTIC! Be prepared to receive numerous compliments and questions about what you are wearing. Light yet long lasting. Can be worn all year long.

Cons: Hard to find and a bit pricey. Sephora no longer carries it, neither does Ulta or Macy's, which are all stores I shop at often. Nordstrom's carries it but for between $80 and $100. Luckily, you can find it on Amazon for between $30 and $40 for the 1.7 oz eau de parfum spray.

No comments:

Post a Comment