Friday, January 14, 2011

New Zodiac Signs

Ok, so this is a little off topic, but I've been reading about it over the past couple days and find it blog-worthy.

What I have found is that everyone is listing the new Zodiac signs with their new dates, but no new descriptions, if there even are any. If so, I will be adding them here as soon as I find them. What I'd like to offer in the meantime is a side-by-side comparison of the old signs vs the new ones. This way you can see you who has changed. Most people know their own sign, but do we know all of our friends' and family members' signs? Have they changed? Is anyone now an Ophiuchus, pronounced "oh-fee-uh-kus"? All you need to know is their birth date.



One thing I'd like to point out that seems to be a bit confusing is that there are two zodiacs in conflict--the one the astronomers use, and the one the astrologers use.

Astrologers use the tropical zodiac based on the Spring Equinox, usings "signs". It has not changed, and my guess is the descriptions have not changed either. Astronomers use the sidereal zodiac, based on constellations. It has always included Ophiuchus.

In my opinion, it's not as big of a deal as it's being made out to be, but I'm no astrologer or astronomer, so we shall wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment